Thursday, September 5, 2024

Dear Sister: My 80 Papers (6) Mine Didn't Go With Hers

While I studied at Melodyland, I became friends with Janet, a neighboring student in the apartment complex. I think she was a bit younger, a very nice Pentecostal Jewish girl. We had some classes together, and she would sometimes invite me to share lunch with her at Belle Isle restaurant down the street. Then word came from the school that she had contracted tuberculosis, and we all had to get tested. I came up positive. To kill the germ in my body, I had to take a prescribed medicine once every day for half a year. Janet, of course, could not attend classes while sick.

Janet loved God like no one I had even known. She stopped me one afternoon just outside the laundry, which was just across the walkway from her apartment. "Dan," she gasped. "I've got to tell you. I was worshipping in my private devotions, and I was so caught up in them, in the Lord, that I seemed to be in heaven itself. I mean He was right before me, and I was exalting Him, praising and worshiping Him. I felt I wasn't on the earth anymore, and then I heard, 'You are healed.' I felt it. I went to my doctor for another chest x-ray, and the hole in my lung is filling in. I am healed. I don't have tuberculosis anymore!"

But I did. And I had to take my tuberculosis medicine every day for the rest of that half-year.


Danny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Sister: My 80 Papers (9) The Story Is Enough

Regarding the Bible, I have got 49 years of studying theology, and 49 years of reflecting on apparent "reality" and the Bible. Of ...